Thursday, December 17, 2009

How do You Use Facebook?

I came across Facebook later than a large majority of my friends. At first I did not see the point because I figured I was doing just fine without it so why would I bother getting one? I finally decided to get a Facebook after a party I went to (which was a really great party) my freshman year, and I wanted to talk with people about it, but the people who had been at the party lived in diffident towns, so how could I keep in touch with them? Well, Facebook solved this problem. It came as a double blessing because many seniors were going to collage and now I could keep in touch with them. Well, I was hooked right away and basically spent HOURS on Facebook. It was all I ever did for about a month or so. It took me until this summer (I’m a junior now) to finally not go on Facebook for over four days. In fact there would be times i would not go on for WEEKS. It gets boring after a while if you don’t use it properly. But then I guess there’s the question: “how does one USE Facebook?” Its a good question because I don’t know the answer and I’ve been thinking about it since I got an account. I have used Facebook to contact people and stare at photos of them without them knowing. Which is great. It is essentially aim, twitter, email, blogs, and all other social networking things combined. I really use the separate things (twitter, email, blogs) for their respected purposes. What has been most helpful has been the ability to communicate with people and gossip without having to actually talk or anything. You can find out about what others are doing from your news feed, and there is no eavesdropping involved. Facebook also has immense business uses. I for one, being only a student have already experienced some of these benefits. I am in the process currently of making my first feature length movie (Hamlet) and I have used Facebook to contact my actors and it has been fantastically easy. In all, I use Facebook to communicate and stalk people. If you use it a different way, tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment